Brad has a celebrated track record of standing up on behalf of individuals, families and small businesses – and winning.
Recognized across Colorado by lawyers and judges for over 30 years as one of Colorado’s very best attorneys, Brad Levin is the founder and principal of the law firm Levin Sitcoff.
Known throughout the industry as an attorney who zealously represents the interests of his clients, Brad approaches each case with attention, honesty, knowledge, skill and passion. Brad is the only candidate in the race with the necessary practical legal experience to be a truly great Attorney General.
Brad is on the National Executive Committee and National Commission of the Anti-Defamation League, and has previously served as chair of the Mountain States Regional Board and the National Litigation Oversight Committee. Brad is also on the board of directors of National Jewish Health. In addition, Brad has devoted numerous hours of free legal help to organizations such as Arapahoe House, which provides drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment throughout the Denver Metro Area, and the GLBT Community Center of Colorado.
Brad graduated from Cherry Creek High School as his class’s valedictorian, and went on to receive his undergraduate degree from Stanford University, with distinction, where he was elected Phi Beta Kappa. He attended the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he served as editor-in-chief of the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly. In addition to teaching legal writing and research at Hastings College of the Law, Brad has lectured frequently in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith law
Associations & Committees
Brad is a member of the California and Colorado bars and the Denver, Colorado, and American Bar Associations, and is a Colorado Bar Foundation Fellow and American Bar Foundation Fellow. He serves on the Colorado Supreme Court Committee on Civil Jury Instructions, the Colorado Supreme Court Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure, and the Colorado Lawyers Committee Board of Directors, and was a member of the Colorado State Commission on Judicial Performance, which he chaired between 2012 through 2015.
Awards & Distinctions
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Kenneth N. Kripke Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015
- Best Denver Insurance Lawyer in the Denver Business Journal in 2004
- Barrister’s Best Insurance Lawyer (Plaintiff’s) by Law Week Colorado between 2014 through 2016
- Top Lawyer by 5280 Magazine in 2016 (Civil Litigation) and 2017 (Insurance)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of appellate law, insurance law, litigation-insurance, and personal injury litigation
- Best Lawyers 2013 Denver Lawyer of the Year in Insurance Law, 2015 Denver Lawyer of the Year in Personal Injury Litigation, and 2016 Denver Lawyer of the Year in Litigation-Insurance
- One of Colorado Super Lawyer’s Top 10 Lawyers in Colorado for 2013 and 2016
- One of Colorado Super Lawyers’ Top 50 (now 100) Lawyers in Colorado for 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2017
- Has Martindale Hubbell’s highest AV rating as voted by his peers.
A lifelong Coloradan, Brad has been married to his wife, Patti, for thirty years and has three adult children. Their daughter, Alexandra, works as a User Experience Researcher in Denver; their daughter, Robyn, graduated from Stanford Law School in 2017; and their son, Richard, is a rising senior at the University of Miami Ohio.